The John and Frederica Johnson Memorial Camp, Inc., commonly referred to
as Camp Johnson, is a privately administered non-profit camp. It is
primarily used by units of the
Connecticut Rivers Council, BSA for short term
(3 days and 2 nights). But any youth serving organization may apply for a use permit.
The Camp is administered by a Board of Directors. A Campmaster Corp oversees camping. All of these people
serve in a volunteer capacity without remuneration.
The following fees are for new reservations effective January 1, 2018
- $25 fee for use of any facility Monday-Thursday
(non-holiday) evening, no overnight.
- $45 fee for the use of any campsites for one to three days
with or without shelters.
- $75 fee for the use of the Turner Cabin, Docs’ Pavilion and any
sites for one to three days.
- $150 fee for an entire camp rental for one to three days, including
all facilities, not for profit organization
- $200 fee for an entire camp rental for one to three days, including
all facilities, for profit organization
- Adjustments or waivers will be at the discretion of the Board of
All fees are due and payable at or before the first use of the camp. Cancellations
must be given a minimum of 2 weeks before the reservation date for the
consideration of a refund. Checks should be made payable to Camp Johnson,
Inc. A penalty may be assessed for failure to meet financial obligations in
a timely manner.
Checks may be mailed to:
Camp Johnson, Inc.
c/o Tom Chlupsa
287 Jagger Ln
Hebron, CT 06248
Fees may be changed with 30 days notice given prior to camp use
For a camping fee refund, notice must be given 2 weeks prior to the
Adopted by the Directors of the John and Frederica Johnson Memorial Camp