The John and Frederica Johnson Memorial Camp, Inc., commonly referred to
as Camp Johnson, is a privately administered non-profit camp. It is
primarily used by units of the
Connecticut Rivers Council, BSA Hockanum Rivers District for short term
(3 days and 2 nights).
The Camp is administered by a Board of Directors and maintained by a
Campsite Committee. A Campmaster Corp oversees camping. All of these people
serve in a volunteer capacity without remuneration.
- $25 fee for use of any facility Monday-Thursday
(non-holiday) evening, no overnight.
- $40 fee for the use of any campsites for one to three days
with or without shelters.
- $70 fee for the use of the Cabin, Docs’ Pavilion and any
sites for one to three days.
- $130 fee for an entire camp rental for one to three days, including
- Adjustments or waivers will be at the discretion of the Board of
Directors. Activity fees may be waived after four reservations during the
program year, (September through August).
- $50 fee for District Scouting events. Includes the
Memorial Cabin, Doc’s Pavilion.
All fees are due and payable at or before the first use of the camp. Cancellations
must be given a minimum of 2 weeks before the reservation date for the
consideration of a refund. Checks should be made payable to Camp Johnson,
Inc. A penalty may be assessed for failure to meet financial obligations in
a timely manner.
Checks may be mailed to:
Camp Johnson, Inc.
c/o Tom Chlupsa
287 Jagger Ln
Hebron, CT 06248
Fees may be changed with 30 days notice given prior to camp use
For a camping fee refund, notice must be given 2 weeks prior to the
Adopted by the Directors of the John and Frederica Johnson Memorial Camp